Citibank Performance Evaluation HBS Case Assignment
First, read the Citibank case carefully. Then, think about the following questions (on your own, and in discussion with your team-members, if any). Note that Citibank uses the term "Performance Scorecard" in the same sense in which we use the term "Balanced Scorecard" in class.
1. Why has Citibank introduced a Performance Scorecard?
2. How would you have rated James' performance before the Performance Scorecard was used?
3. How do you rate James' performance in each of the five perspectives of Citibank's performance scorecard, other than Customer Satisfaction?
4. When thinking through each of the perspectives, please think about the nature of each set of measures for the various perspectives: are they objective measures or subjective measures?
5. Now, how did James perform in terms of Customer Satisfaction? (Note: You are not expected to give a simple Yes/No answer here. There are good arguments that can be made in favour of both giving him a good rating and giving him a not-good rating. Please think about and lay out the arguments for both sides, before coming to your conclusion.)
6. Please think carefully about the measures used to measure Customer Satisfaction. How appropriate are these measures? Please comment on the measures, and any criticisms you may have of the measures.
7. How are targets/goals decided for each of the perspectives? Do you think that Customer Satisfaction goals need to be decided differently?
8. Please state and argue your opinion on the following broad issue: What would happen if the financials were good, but non-financial measures were bad? Would James be achieving Citibank's goals?
9. After considering all the issues raised above, please state your opinion on whether James should be given an overall "Par" rating or an overall "Below Par" rating. Please describe arguments for both sides before stating & justifying your final opinion.
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from PS3. Additional comments: "I dont know how to calculate the economic
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from PS3. Additional comments: "hat an empirical probability distribution is
- Assume that law enforcement agencies were recently very successful in arresting several major heroin suppliers. Compare the impact on price, quantity and total