Ch. 5 Guided
1. Describe the difference between the effects of an agonist drug and an antagonist drug.
2. Adrenergic receptors include alpha receptors which are activated by ____________________ and beta receptors which are activated by _____________________. Both of these are from the sympathetic division of the nervous system.
3. Where are muscarinic receptors located?
4. Drugs that block H1 receptors are called _____________________.
5. What is the effect of H2 blocker drugs?
6. What is the difference between a side effect and an adverse effect?
7. In your own words, describe how the therapeutic index and margin of safety are related.
8. In your own words, describe a drug idiosyncrasy.
9. What is the difference between synergism and antagonism in terms of drug-drug interactions? AND give an example of each that is not found in the book. (You may have to google this one)
10. Find two examples online of drug-food interactions that are not mentioned in the book.
11. What are the seven rights of drug administration? (2 points)
12. Give the definition of the following abbreviations: (3 points)