Consider, for example, the problem faced by Rebecca Dennet, a branch manager for a major bank. Her boss, a senior
executive, told her that her branch would be shut down in two months, shortly after the first of the year. The executive asked Dennet to keep the information confidential because important regulatory papers had yet to be filed, and she agreed to do so.
Two days later, a coworker who is also a long time good friend asked Dennet if she knew anything about the rumor that the branch would soon be closed. When she hesitated, the coworker grew impatient and said, "Look, this is serious. There aren't a lot of jobs around here. Do I cut back on Christmas gifts? Do you know anything?"
Please address these questions in your essay:
- What moral issues are found in this scenario?
- What should Rebecca do?
- What if Rebecca's co-worker told her that she was weighing an offer from another bank, but really wanted to stay put?
- What if this other employee happened to be a subordinate rather than a co-worker?
Recently Asked Questions
- -Analyse the Tax planning minimisation strategies for legal entities -Develop financial management strategies of tax obligations -Develop management process
- Required: Compute the cost per equivalent unit for both the weighted-average and FIFO methods. (Round your answers to 3 decimal places.) 1. Compute the cost
- What info do I need to find Return on Sales and Return on Equity