Total hours worked: 48
Rate: $15 per hour, with double time for all hours in excess of 40
Federal income tax withheld: $200
United Fund deduction: $50
Cumulative earnings prior to current week: $6,400
Social security: 6% on maximum earnings of $100,000.
Medicare tax: 1.5% on all earnings; on both employer and employee
State unemployment: 3.4% on maximum earnings of $7,000; on employer
Federal unemployment: 0.8% on maximum earnings of $7,000; on employer
(a)Determine (1) total earnings, (2) total deductions, and (3) cash paid.
(b)Determine each of the employer's payroll taxes related to the earnings of Mary Ryan for the week ended March 15.
1: Total Earnings =
2. Total Deductions =
3. Cash Paid =
1. Social Security & Medicare Taxes =
2. State Unemployment Tax =
3. Federal Unemployment Tax =
4. Total =
Recently Asked Questions
- Discuss the use of probation and its effect on the corrections system. How often is it used in your Maryland?
- In September, 60% of students in a class knew their multiplication facts. By December, 70% of students knew them. Assuming that students do not forget what
- A competitive firm is producing 500 units of output and its efficient scale is 400 units of output. Can the market in which this firm operates be in a long-run