Harmon Household Products. Inc. manufactures a number of consumer items for general household use. One of these products, a chopping board, requires expensive hardwood. During a recent month, the company manufactured 4,000 chopping boards using 11,000 board feet of hardwood. The hardwood cost the company $18,700.
The company's standards for one chopping board are 2.5 board feet of hardwood at a cost of $1.80 per board foot.
1. What cost for wood should been incurred to make 4,000 chopping blocks? How much greater or less is this than the cost that was incurred?
2. Break down the difference computed in (1) above into a materials price variance and a materials quantity variance.
Recently Asked Questions
- I don't understand how to set up the forward and reverse reactions. I need help with # 1&2.
- By 2009, Mr. Cardell decided to acquire another office furniture company. On July 1, 2009, the Holton-Central bankruptcy judge accepted Belmont's $4,765,000
- 1. Theobald's new Mediterranean diet requires that all his food come from one of the four "basic food groups", namely, Greek salad, figs, red wine, and