Jurvin Enterprises recorded the following transactions for the just completed month. The company had no beginning inventories.
a. $94,000 in raw materials were purchased for cash
b. $89,000 in raw materials were requisitioned for use in production. Of this amount, $78,000 was for direct materials and the remainder was for indirect materials.
c. Total labor wages of $132,000 were incurred and paid. Of this amount, $112,000 was for direct labor and the remainder was for indirect labor.
d. Additional manufacturing overhead costs of $143,000 were incurred and paid.
e. Manufacturing overhead costs of $142,000 were applied to jobs using the company's predetermined overhead rate.
f. All of the jobs in progress at the end of the month were completed and shipped to customers.
g. Any underpaid or over applied overhead for the period was closed out to Cost of Goods Sold.
1. Post the above transactions to T-accounts
2. Determine the cost of goods sold for the period
Recently Asked Questions
- p . 10 The U . S . percentage of children living in poverty is
- p . 21 Conceptualize a problem to be studied , collect data , analyze data , and draw conclusions . These steps describe
- p . 13 At age 3 , Jillian is beginning to engage her imagination . This is the _______ process of Jillian 's life-span development .