Jurvin Enterprises recorded the following transactions for the just completed month. The company had no beginning inventories.
a. $94,000 in raw materials were purchased for cash
b. $89,000 in raw materials were requisitioned for use in production. Of this amount, $78,000 was for direct materials and the remainder was for indirect materials.
c. Total labor wages of $132,000 were incurred and paid. Of this amount, $112,000 was for direct labor and the remainder was for indirect labor.
d. Additional manufacturing overhead costs of $143,000 were incurred and paid.
e. Manufacturing overhead costs of $142,000 were applied to jobs using the company's predetermined overhead rate.
f. All of the jobs in progress at the end of the month were completed and shipped to customers.
g. Any underpaid or over applied overhead for the period was closed out to Cost of Goods Sold.
1. Post the above transactions to T-accounts
2. Determine the cost of goods sold for the period
Recently Asked Questions
- I cannot figure out how to solve this question, and I’m not sure if I need to convert cm into m
- The objective of general purpose financial reporting is to provide financial information about the reporting entity that is useful to existing and potential
- When doing work to a system, what happens to it’s energy? What happens To system’s energy when IT does work?