Given the following cost and activity observations for Sanchez Company's utilities, use the high-low method to calculate Sanchez's variable utilities costs per machine hour.
Cost Machine Hours
May $8,300 15,000
June 10,400 20,000
July 7,200 12,000
August 9,500 18,000
24. If fixed costs are $500,000 and the unit contribution margin is $40, what is the break-even point if fixed costs are increased by $80,000?
25. If fixed costs are $490,000, the unit selling price is $35, and the unit variable costs are $20, what is the break-even sales (units) if fixed costs are reduced by $40,000?
26. If fixed costs are $39,600, the unit selling price is $42, and the variable costs are $24, what is the break-even sales (unit) if the variable costs are decreased by $2?
27. Assume that Crowley Co. sold 8,000 units of Product A and 2,000 units of Product B during the past year. The unit contribution margins for Products A and B are $20 and $45 respectively. Crowley has fixed costs of $350,000. The break-even point in units is _______.
Recently Asked Questions
- Chemists commonly use a rule of thumb that an increase of 10 °C in temperature doubles the rate of certain types of reactions . What must the activation
- A bead is moving with a speed of 20 m/s at position A on the track shown in the figure . This track is friction-free , and there is no appreciable air
- Suppose the economy 's saving schedule shifts from S 1 to S 2 as shown in the below diagram . We can say that its :