2. Should companies manage fixed assets with the same level of rigor as inventory? Why or why not?
3. Field Company purchased a warehouse in a downtown district where land values are rapidly increasing. Adolph Phillips, controller, and Wilma Smith, financial vice president, are trying to allocate the cost of the purchase between the land and the building. Noting that depreciation can be taken only on the building, Phillips favors placing a very high proportion of the cost on the warehouse itself, thus reducing taxable income and income taxes. Smith, his supervisor, argues that the allocation should recognize the increasing value of the land, regardless of the depreciation potential of the warehouse. Besides, she says, net income is negatively impacted by additional depreciation and will cause the company's stock price to go down.
What stakeholder interests are in conflict? What ethical issues does Phillips face? How should these costs be allocated?
Recently Asked Questions
- How can i make the set of a,b,c repeat 3 times( as in triplicate of a,b,c) %Pythagorean Triplet %Find the two Pythagorean Triplets for which a + b + c = n % a,
- how ineffective communication and resource constraints can impact on time-management within projects?
- how do I find four ordered pair solutions by completing the table and then use the ordered pairs in a graph for y = 1/3x -1 with x y -3 0 0 1 2.I need help