XYZ Company uses the periodic inventory method and had the following inventory information available:
Units Unit Cost Total Cost
1/1 Beginning Inventory 100 $4 $ 400
1/20 Purchase 400 $5 2,000
7/25 Purchase 300 $6 1,800
10/20 Purchase 200 $7 1,400
A physical count of inventory on December 31 revealed that there were 300 units on hand.
Answer the following independent questions and show computations supporting your answers.
1. Assume that the company uses the FIFO method. The value of the ending inventory at December 31 is $__________.
2. Assume that the company uses the Average Cost method. The value of the ending inventory on December 31 is $__________.
3. Assume that the company uses the LIFO method. The value of the ending inventory on December 31 is $__________.
4. Determine the difference in the amount of income that the company would have reported if it had used the FIFO method instead of the LIFO method. Would income have been greater or less?
Recently Asked Questions
- Using Relevant concepts in Chapter 1, please describe the organizational norms of the banks and other instiitutions involved in the crisis?
- 1. Classic Apparel is an online retailer of women's clothing, catering to women over 40.They have been experimenting with measuring demand relative to price of
- Signal averaging to obtain ERPs is necessary because a) sensory, motor and cognitive processes generate small signals compared to the raw EEG b) sensory, motor