The Durant Company is installing an absorption standard-cost system and a flexible-overhead budget. Standard costs have recently been developed for its only product and are as follows:
Direct materials 3 pounds @ $20 $60
Direct labor 2 hours @ $14 28
Variable overhead 2 hours @ $5 10
Fixed overhead ?
Standard cost per unit of finished product $ ?
Expected production activity is expressed as 7,500 standard direct-labor hours per month. Fixed overhead is expected to be $60,000 per month. The predetermined fixed-overhead rate for product costing is not changed from month to month.
1. Calculate the proper fixed-overhead rate per standard direct-labor hour and per unit.
2. Assume that 6,000 standard direct-labor hours are allowed for the output achieved during a given month. Actual variable overhead of $31,000 was incurred; actual fixed overhead amounted to $62,000. Calculate the
a. Fixed-overhead flexible-budget variance
b. Fixed-overhead production-volume variance
c. Variable-overhead flexible-budget variance
Recently Asked Questions
- An animal-rescue plane flying due east at 30 m/s drops a bale of hay from an altitude of 73 m . The acceleration due to gravity is 9.81 m/s2^. If the bale of
- 1, Bonita Industries will receive $395000 in 7 years. If the appropriate interest rate is 9%, the present value of the $395000 receipt is Click here to view
- For the given table below, Input Variables Decision Variables Prior Legal Trouble Company Size Status Y Small Truthful N Small Truthful N Large Truthful N