The Durant Company is installing an absorption standard-cost system and a flexible-overhead budget. Standard costs have recently been developed for its only product and are as follows:
Direct materials 3 pounds @ $20 $60
Direct labor 2 hours @ $14 28
Variable overhead 2 hours @ $5 10
Fixed overhead ?
Standard cost per unit of finished product $ ?
Expected production activity is expressed as 7,500 standard direct-labor hours per month. Fixed overhead is expected to be $60,000 per month. The predetermined fixed-overhead rate for product costing is not changed from month to month.
1. Calculate the proper fixed-overhead rate per standard direct-labor hour and per unit.
2. Assume that 6,000 standard direct-labor hours are allowed for the output achieved during a given month. Actual variable overhead of $31,000 was incurred; actual fixed overhead amounted to $62,000. Calculate the
a. Fixed-overhead flexible-budget variance
b. Fixed-overhead production-volume variance
c. Variable-overhead flexible-budget variance
This question was asked on Apr 29, 2010.
Recently Asked Questions
- What is the muddiest part about determining the considerations involved to get a perishable item to the consumer verses a non perishable item to the
- 0.19(cos238.3degrees+jsin238.3degrees) Expressed in exponential form
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Assignment 2 and Grading Rubric.pdf.