16-35 (Potential misstatements/tests of controls-payroll) The following questions are included
in the internal control questionnaire on control procedures for payroll transactions in the
1. Are pay rates, payroll deductions, and terminations authorized by the personnel
2. Are time clocks and clock cards used?
3. Is there supervisory approval of time worked by each employee?
4. Are payroll checks signed and distributed by treasurer office personnel?
5. Is there internal verification of payroll checks with payroll register data?
6. Are unclaimed wages controlled by a treasurer's office employee?
7. Is access restricted to personnel and employee earnings master files?
8. Are hirings authorized by personnel department?
9. Is time clock punching supervised?
10. Is responsibility assigned for the timely filing of payroll tax returns and payment of
a. Identify a misstatement that may occur if a No answer is given to each question.
b. Identify a possible test of controls assuming a Yes answer is given to each question. (Present
your answers in tabular form using separate columns for each part.)
Recently Asked Questions
- In the show "The Men Who Build America" J.P. Morgan's father... -Thought electricity was going to revolutionize the world. -Did not approve of J.P.'s
- question - County level courts created by the Texas Legislature are know as county-courts-at-law or Options - statutory county courts. common law courts.
- A valuable painting is in a display case 10 ft. wide, 12 ft. long, and 10 ft. tall, elevated 2 ft. above a solid floor. The case is centered in a 20 ft. long