You are to consider your favourite local take-away food place eg KFC, Hungry Jacks, Red Rooster, McDonalds, Dominos, local Chinese Takeaway, local fish and chip shop etc. Select one major product that the business actually prepares itself eg piece of crumbed fish; pizza, hamburger, serving of four spring rolls, chicken meal. Your product CANNOT be one that is simply purchased and resold as purchased eg can of Coca Cola or a packet of chewing gum. With this business and product in mind, answer the following questions:
1. List all the costs that would have to be considered when costing and ultimately pricing this product.
2. Indicate whether the above costs are fixed or variable in relation to the sales of your chosen product.
3. Indicate which costs are direct and indirect in relation to the cost object – your chosen product
Recently Asked Questions
- A firm is contemplating shortening its credit period from 40 to 30 days. They believe it will result in the company's average collection period decline from 45
- Let X be a normally distributed random variable with mean 100 and standard deviation 20 . Find two values , a and b , symmetric about the mean , such that the
- Can a firm’s long-term growth rate in the steady state exceed its discount rate or firm cost of capital (WACC)?