1. Equipment was purchased on June 30, 2007, for $100,000. The purchase was incorrectly recorded as a debit to repair and maintenance expense. The equipment has a useful life of five years and no residual value.
2. On March 31, 2008, $50,000 was paid to a contractor to landscape the area around a manufacturing plant including the installation of a sprinkler system. The expenditure was debited to the Land account. The landscaping is expected to have a 20-year useful life and no residual value.
KJI uses the straight-line method of depreciation for all depreciable assets.
1. Prepare the journal entries to correct the errors (ignore income taxes).
2. Prepare the journal entries to record 2009 depreciation for any assets record in requirement
Recently Asked Questions
- what is the relationship between an antigen, an antibody, and the plasma membrane?
- Hi, can you show me step by step how to solve this differentiation equation and which rule to apply? Thank you!
- Should organizations/providers be required to turn over the minutes, discussions or decisions of ethical committees?