1. Equipment was purchased on June 30, 2007, for $100,000. The purchase was incorrectly recorded as a debit to repair and maintenance expense. The equipment has a useful life of five years and no residual value.
2. On March 31, 2008, $50,000 was paid to a contractor to landscape the area around a manufacturing plant including the installation of a sprinkler system. The expenditure was debited to the Land account. The landscaping is expected to have a 20-year useful life and no residual value.
KJI uses the straight-line method of depreciation for all depreciable assets.
1. Prepare the journal entries to correct the errors (ignore income taxes).
2. Prepare the journal entries to record 2009 depreciation for any assets record in requirement
Recently Asked Questions
- Select the curve generated by the parametric equations. Indicate with an arrow the direction in which the curve is traced as t increases. x = e − t
- Find the average value of f(x) = x 2 + 2 over the interval 0 less than equal to 0 less than equal to 3
- Have advances in modern technology expanded or contracted citizens' conceptions of what privacy they actually enjoy