1. An investor recently purchased a corporate bond which yields 9 percent. The investor is in the 36 percent combined federal and state tax bracket. What is the bond's after-tax yield?
Personal After-Tax Yield
2. Corporate bond issued by Johnson Corporation currently yield 8 percent. Municipal bonds of equal risk currently yield 6 percent. At what tax rate would an investor be indifferent between these two bonds?
Corporate Tax Liability
3. The Talley Corporation had a taxable income of $365,000 for operations after all operating cost but before (1) interest charges of $50,000, (2) dividends received of $15,000, (3) dividend paid of $25,000, and (4) income taxes. What is the firm's income tax liability and its after-tax income? What are the company's marginal and average tax rates on taxable income?
Recently Asked Questions
- Hello tutors can anyone help me understan this problem??
- . Kwan purchased a new Mercedes Benz automobile from a dealership for $46,370.24. During the first year of ownership, he returned the car at least 10 times
- Thompson’s house was destroyed by fire and claims were filed with the insurance company. The insurance company (insurer) hired Cannon to investigate the