Direct matterials $300,000
Indirect labor $ 80,000
Allocated occupancy cost 40,000 150,000
Total cost $ 450,000
A small local company has offered to supply the components at a price of $3.40 each> if the division discontinued its production of the component, it would save two-thirds of the supplies cost and $30,000 of indirect labor cost. All other overhead costs would continue.
The division manager recently attended a seminar on cost behavior and learned about fixed and variable costs. He wants to continue to make the component because the variable cost of $3.00 is below the $3.50 bid.
1. Compute the relevant cost of making and puchasing the component. Which alternative is less costly and by how much?
2. What qualitative factors might influence the decision about whether to make or to buy the component?
Recently Asked Questions
- How do television programs such as CSI influence our understanding of criminal investigations? Do you think that a potential jury member might be influenced by
- Does our state do enough to prevent distracted driving? How many sentences should a claim include when you present your argument essay?
- You are given the task of reducing your state's correctional population by 10 percent by diverting offenders away from prison or releasing inmates on parole.