On January 1, 2002, Cale Corp. paid $1,020,000 to purchase Kaltop Co. Kaltop maintained separate incorporation. Cale used the equity method to account for the investment. The following information is available for Kaltop's assets, liabilities, and stockholders' equity accounts:
Kaltop earned net income for 2003 of $126,000 and paid dividends of $48,000 during the year.
21. In Cale's accounting records, what amount would appear on December 31, 2003 (assuming amortization expense equals $1,600) for Equity in Subsidiary Earnings?
A) $ 0
E) $ 76,400
22. If Cale Corp. had net income of $444,000, exclusive of the investment, what is the amount of Consolidated Net Income?
Recently Asked Questions
- The product of two consecutive positive integers is 1 more than their sum. Find the integers.
- As developer creating a modular application allows for reuse. Functions are the process by which modular programs are created. As a developer what should be
- Calculate the momentum of a 2100 kg elephant charging a hunter at a speed of 7.50 m/s. kg·m/s Compare the elephant's momentum with that of a 0.0400 kg bullet