Alice Johnson, Social Security number 222-23-3334, is a single taxpayer and is employed as a secretary by State University of Florida. She has the following items pertaining to her income tax return for the current year:
• Received a $20,000 salary from her employer, who withheld $3,000 federal income tax.
• Received a gift of 1,000 shares of Ace Corporation stock with a $100,000 FMV from her mother. She also received $4,000 of cash dividends from the Ace Corporation. The dividends are qualified dividends.
• Received $1,000 of interest income on bonds issued by the City of Tampa.
• Received a regular stock dividend (nontaxable under Sec. 305) of 50 shares of Ace Corporation stock with a $5,000 FMV.
• Alice’s employer paid $2,000 of medical and health insurance premiums on her behalf.
• Received $12,000 alimony from her ex-husband.
• State University provided $60,000 of group term life insurance. Alice is 42 years old and is not a key employee. The table in the text is applicable.
• Received a $1,000 cash award from her employer for being designated the Secretary of the Year.
• Total itemized deductions are $8,000.
Complete Form 1040 and accompanying schedules for Alice Johnson’s federal income tax return for the current year.
Recently Asked Questions
- What are two ways you can give credit to the original author in your paper, to avoid plagiarism?What is paraphrasing and how do you successfully
- How do you make a bureaucracy, which has a primary value of efficiency, work in a democracy that places the primary values on participation and responsiveness?
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from assignment 3. Additional comments: "can you please explain this? i'm