Alice Johnson, Social Security number 222-23-3334, is a single taxpayer and is employed as a secretary by State University of Florida. She has the following items pertaining to her income tax return for the current year:
• Received a $20,000 salary from her employer, who withheld $3,000 federal income tax.
• Received a gift of 1,000 shares of Ace Corporation stock with a $100,000 FMV from her mother. She also received $4,000 of cash dividends from the Ace Corporation. The dividends are qualified dividends.
• Received $1,000 of interest income on bonds issued by the City of Tampa.
• Received a regular stock dividend (nontaxable under Sec. 305) of 50 shares of Ace Corporation stock with a $5,000 FMV.
• Alice’s employer paid $2,000 of medical and health insurance premiums on her behalf.
• Received $12,000 alimony from her ex-husband.
• State University provided $60,000 of group term life insurance. Alice is 42 years old and is not a key employee. The table in the text is applicable.
• Received a $1,000 cash award from her employer for being designated the Secretary of the Year.
• Total itemized deductions are $8,000.
Complete Form 1040 and accompanying schedules for Alice Johnson’s federal income tax return for the current year.
This question was asked on May 12, 2010.
Recently Asked Questions
- #13) Bill’s Bakery expects earnings per share of $2.56 next year. Current book value is $4.70per share. The appropriate discount rate for Bill’s Bakery is
- Develop a specific recommendation, with supporting rationale, as to whether or not CISCO SYSTEMS (CSCO) recent trend in financial and stock performance is of
- Serena Ross has $19,700 to invest today at 11% to pay a debt of $45,399. How many years will it take her to accumulate enough to liquidate the debt? (Round