Estimating a cost function, high-low method. Reisen Travel offers helicopter service from suburban
towns to John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City. Each of its 10 helicopters makes
between 1,000 and 2,000 round-trips per year. The records indicate that a helicopter that has made 1,000
round-trips in the year incurs an average operating cost of $300 per round-trip, and one that has made 2,000
round-trips in the year incurs an average operating cost of $250 per round-trip.
1. Using the high-low method, estimate the linear relationship y = a + bX, where y is the total annual operating
cost of a helicopter and X is the number of round-trips it makes to JFK airport during the year.
2. Give examples of costs that would be included in a and in b.
3. If Reisen Travel expects each helicopter to make, on average, 1,200 round-trips in the coming year,
what should its estimated operating budget for the helicopter fleet be?
Recently Asked Questions
- The O 2 /H 2 O redox couple has a large ______ reduction potential , and so has a strong tendency to undergo ____ and oxygen is a good ___ of electrons .
- In the glycogen phosphorylase reaction , the ___ linkage in glycogen is split using __ .
- Which temperature and pH profile curves on the graphs were most likely generated from analysis of an enzyme from a human stomach where conditions are strongly