Shipped Recorded as Sale Credited to Inventory Control
A 12-14 12-16 12-16
B 12-31 1-2 12-31
C 12-10 12-19 12-12
D 1-2 12-31 12-31
7. For several years a client's physical inventory count has been lower than what was shown on the books at the time of the count so that downward adjustments to the inventory account were required. Contributing to the inventory problem could be weaknesses in internal control that led to the failure to record some
A. Sales returns received.
B. Purchases returned to vendors.
C. Sales discounts allowed.
D. Cash purchases.
8. The controller of Excello Manufacturing, Inc., wants to use ratio analysis to identify the possible existence of idle equipment or the possibility that equipment has been disposed of without having been written off. Which of the following ratios would best accomplish this objective?
A. Depreciation expense/book value of manufacturing equipment.
B. Gross manufacturing equipment cost/units produced.
C. Accumulated depreciation/book value of manufacturing equipment.
D. Repairs and maintenance cost/direct labor costs.
9. Equipment acquisitions that are misclassified as maintenance expense most likely would be detected by an internal control procedure that provides for
A. Investigation of variances within a formal budgeting system.
B. Segregation of duties of employees in the accounts payable department.
C. Independent verification of invoices for disbursements recorded as equipment acquisitions.
D. Authorization by the board of directors of significant equipment acquisitions.
10. In connection with the audit of a current issue of long-term bonds payable, the auditor should
A. Determine whether bondholders are persons other than owners, directors, or officers of the company issuing the bond.
B. Calculate the effective interest rate to see if it is substantially the same as the rates for similar issues.
C. Ascertain that the client has obtained the opinion of counsel on the legality of the issue.
D. Decide whether the bond issue was made without violating state or local law.
Recently Asked Questions
- Using a periodic table, identify the element whose atoms have 11 protons. Is it a metal, a nonmetal, or a metalloid? Write one or two sentences describing how
- A 2.0 L sample of helium gas is it at STP condition the temperature is then raised 27 degrees Celsius and the pressure decreases to 80 K PA what is the new
- The Acme Manufacturing Company (500 employees strong) is being audited for proper procurement practices regarding the raw material it buys. Acme had $10M in