a. The firm purchased 3,000 board feet of mahogany veneer at $11 per board foot.
b. Twenty brass counterweights were requisitioned for production. Each weight cost $23.
c. Five gallons of glue were requisitioned for production. The glue cost $20 per gallon. Glue is treated as an indirect material.
d. Depreciation on the clockworks building for October was $8,000.
e. A $400 utility bill was paid in cash.
f. Time cards showed the following usage of labor:
Job number G60: 12 grandfather's clocks, 1,000 hours of direct labor
Job number C81: 20 cuckoo clocks, 700 hours of direct labor
The master clockmakers (direct-labor personnel) earn $20 per hour.
g. The October property tax bill for $910 was received but has not yet been paid in cash.
h. The firm employs laborers who perform various tasks such as material handling and shop cleanup. Their wages for October amounted to $2,500.
i. Job number G60, which was started in July, was finished in October. The total cost of the job was $14,400.
j. Nine of the grandfather's clocks from job number G60 were sold in October for $1,500 each.
1. Calculate the firm's predetermined overhead rate for the year.
2. Prepare journal entries to record the events described above.
Recently Asked Questions
- Ellen Kauer , a senior at UMB College of Management, has been registered for financial management course and sought help from a tutor. During their
- The video spying on the home front points out a challenge regarding our criminal justice system when we are trying to stop the terrorists act before the
- Hi, Could you please explain: 1) Why do I need the free cash flows?? The task seems to require calculations for NPV, IRR and a sensitivity analysis. 2) How are