a. The firm purchased 3,000 board feet of mahogany veneer at $11 per board foot.
b. Twenty brass counterweights were requisitioned for production. Each weight cost $23.
c. Five gallons of glue were requisitioned for production. The glue cost $20 per gallon. Glue is treated as an indirect material.
d. Depreciation on the clockworks building for October was $8,000.
e. A $400 utility bill was paid in cash.
f. Time cards showed the following usage of labor:
Job number G60: 12 grandfather's clocks, 1,000 hours of direct labor
Job number C81: 20 cuckoo clocks, 700 hours of direct labor
The master clockmakers (direct-labor personnel) earn $20 per hour.
g. The October property tax bill for $910 was received but has not yet been paid in cash.
h. The firm employs laborers who perform various tasks such as material handling and shop cleanup. Their wages for October amounted to $2,500.
i. Job number G60, which was started in July, was finished in October. The total cost of the job was $14,400.
j. Nine of the grandfather's clocks from job number G60 were sold in October for $1,500 each.
1. Calculate the firm's predetermined overhead rate for the year.
2. Prepare journal entries to record the events described above.
Recently Asked Questions
- what are the differences between conservative and liberal views on domestic policy.
- Terry’s Ltd is a fast growing technology company that paid a $1.25 dividend last week. The company’s expected growth rates over the next four years are
- Go to http://www.ined.fr/en/everything_about_population/play_population/. – Click on “All about Population” in the upper right . Click on