a. As of December 31, 2005, employees had earned $900 of unpaid and unrecorded salaries. The
next payday is January 4, at which time $1,600 of salaries will be paid.
b. The cost of supplies still available at December 31, 2005, is $2,700.
c. The notes payable requires an interest payment to be made every three months. The amount
of unrecorded accrued interest at December 31, 2005, is $1,250. The next interest payment,
at an amount of $1,500, is due on January 15, 2006.
d. Analysis of the unearned member fees account shows $5,600 remaining unearned at December
e. In addition to the member fees included in the revenue account balance, the company has earned
another $9,100 in unrecorded fees that will be collected on January 31, 2006. The company
is also expected to collect $8,000 on that same day for new fees earned in January 2006.
f. Depreciation expense for the year is $12,500.
2. Use the work sheet to enter the adjusting and closing entries; then journalize them.
3. Prepare the income statement and the statement of owners equity for the year ended June 30 and
the classified balance sheet at June 30, 2005.
4. Analyze the following separate errors and describe how each would affect the 10-column work
sheet. Explain whether the error is likely to be discovered in completing the work sheet and, if
not, the effect of the error on the financial statements.
a. Assume that the adjustment for supplies used consisted of a credit to Supplies for $3,200 and
a debit for $3,200 to Supplies Expense.
b. When the adjusted trial balance in the work sheet is completed, the $17,500 Cash balance is
incorrectly entered in the Credit column.
166 Chapter 4 Completing the Accounting Cycle
Check (3) Total assets, $120,250;
current liabilities, $14,290; Net income,
Check (1) Adjusted trial balance
Account Title Unadjusted Adjustments Adjusted
Trial Balance Trial Balance
DR CR DR CR DR CR
Accounts receivable 0
Interest payable ..0
Salaries payable .0
Unearned member fees ..$14,000
Notes payable ..$50,000
T. Allen Capital ..$58,250
T. Allen withdrawls $20,000
Member fees earned .$3,000
Salaries expense ..$28,000
Interest expense .$3,750
Supplies expense 0
Totals $200,250 $200,250
Recently Asked Questions
- I need help with 22. Please show steps. Need to have 50 characters to ask a question.
- Of the atoms listed below, which one will have at least one electron in its d orbital? A. Mg B. K C. S D. Cr E. none of the above
- Thanks for your help! This website isn't allowing me to attach the necessary documents. So, I've copy/pasted the two word documents below, but there is also an