Total costs = $9,600 + $0.75 per machine hour
Operating budgets for the current month are based on 30,000 hours of planned machine
time. The amount of indirect labor costs included in this planned budget is
A. $2,425. C. $23,300.
B. $22,500. D. $32,100.
2. The Johns Company budgeted overhead at $125,000 for the period for Department A
based on a budgeted volume of 50,000 direct labor hours. At the end of the period, the
factory overhead control account for Department A had a balance of $126,000. The actual
(and allowed) direct labor hours were 52,000. What was the overapplied (underapplied)
overhead for the period?
A. $(4,000) C. $(6,500)
B. $4,000 D. $6,500
3. The fixed overhead application rate is a function of a predetermined normal activity level.
If standard hours allowed for good output equal this normal activity level for a given period,
the volume variance will be
D. either favorable or unfavorable depending on the budgeted overhead.
Recently Asked Questions
- Juana, a native Texan, works for a company based in Switzerland. She is sent to manage the operations of a new facility in Hong Kong. It would be most
- The equilibrium system between sulfur dioxide gas, oxygen gas and sulfur trioxide gas is given. 2SO 2 (g) + O 2 (g) reaction sign 2SO 3 (g) Write the balanced
- What kinda music and literature were part of the Aztec culture ?