• Of the several regulatory bodies, which has the most effect on companies? Why? Do both public and nonpublic or not-for-profit organizations comply with the regulations of all regulatory bodies? Why or why not? Are there gray areas? How do companies assure compliance with regulations? How does your company comply? Any thoughts on how to streamline the regulatory process over accounting and finance?
• What are some internal controls related to cash? Why is control over cash important? What are the pros and cons of segregation of duties over cash? Why is a bank reconciliation considered an internal control over cash? How does it provide control? What control violations might the bank reconciliation highlight?
• What is an example of a potentially unethical accounting situation? Why is the situation unethical? What is meant by the statement, “You cannot teach ethics”? How do ethics affect the financial results of a company?
Recently Asked Questions
- The more novel a new product or service design is, the more forecasters have to rely on:
- The Board of Directors has voted to add a new product line. Casey's department will be directly responsible for implementing the changes. Casey identifies a
- Interpret the measures of variation within the context of this problem. Should the company producing the