Bonds do not carry default risk.
Bonds are sensitive to changes in the interest rates.
Moody’s and Standard and Poor’s provide information regarding a bond’s interest rate risk.
Municipal bonds are free of default risk.
None of the above is true
6. (TCO 8) Two years ago, Maple Enterprises issued six percent, 20-year bonds and Temple Corp issued six percent, 10-year bonds. Since their time of issue, interest rates have increased. Which of the following statements is true of each firm's bond prices in the market, assuming they have equal risk?
Maple's decreased more than Temple's
Temple's decreased more than Maple's
Maple's increased more than Temple's
They are both priced the same
7. (TCO 6) A sinking fund is an account managed by a bond trustee for the sole purpose of:
paying interest payments on a semi-annual basis.
redeeming bonds early.
repaying the face value at maturity.
paying the expenses required to reissue outstanding bonds.
paying the "balloon payment" at maturity.
Recently Asked Questions
- Select a small business with which you are familiar. Imagine that you have been called into that business to provide a consultation on training. Create a
- Were the Salem Witch Trails simply an aberrant moment in an age of little science and much superstition or did they represent intrinsic human anxieties and
- A Utilitarian's Moral Solution According to utilitarianism, an action should be judged not on the motive of the person committing it, but on whether its