The FASB paragraph 810-10-45-16 states:"The noncontrolling interest shall be reported in the consolidated statement of financial poistion within equity. seprately from the parent's equity. That amount shall be clearly identified and labeled, for example, as noncontrolling interest in subsidiaries." However, prior to issuing this current reporting requirement, the FASB considered several alternatives display formats for the noncontrolling interest. Access the precodification standard, FASB 160, "Noncontrolling Interest in Consolidated Financial Statement" at www.fasb.org to answer the following:
1. what alternative financial statement display formats did the FASB consider for the noncontrolling interest?
2. What criteria did the FASB use to evaluate the desirability of each alternative?
3. In what specific ways did FASB Concept Statement 6 effect the FASB's evaluation of these alternatives?
Th word limit should be between 250-450.
We can only answer your free 3 questions one at a time. You have two options to get your questions answered:... View the full answer
This question was asked on Oct 22, 2011 and answered on Oct 23, 2011.
Recently Asked Questions
- Alex wants to determine the present value of his investment. The cyber security company is currently in the development stage but hopes to “begin”
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from CH 6 Breakout #1.
- Hi! I really need someone to help e xplain how Kant’s second formulation of the Categorical Imperative can help us make moral choices in life and/or in