The FASB paragraph 810-10-45-16 states:"The noncontrolling interest shall be reported in the consolidated statement of financial poistion within equity. seprately from the parent's equity. That amount shall be clearly identified and labeled, for example, as noncontrolling interest in subsidiaries." However, prior to issuing this current reporting requirement, the FASB considered several alternatives display formats for the noncontrolling interest. Access the precodification standard, FASB 160, "Noncontrolling Interest in Consolidated Financial Statement" at www.fasb.org to answer the following:
1. what alternative financial statement display formats did the FASB consider for the noncontrolling interest?
2. What criteria did the FASB use to evaluate the desirability of each alternative?
3. In what specific ways did FASB Concept Statement 6 effect the FASB's evaluation of these alternatives?
Th word limit should be between 250-450.
We can only answer your free 3 questions one at a time. You have two options to get your questions answered:... View the full answer
This question was asked on Oct 22, 2011 and answered on Oct 23, 2011.
Recently Asked Questions
- ASSIGNMENT 08 CJ380 Probation and Parole Directions: Be sure to make an electronic copy of your answer before submitting it to Ashworth College for
- Regarding one of the criterion, the four characteristics of a firm, how does this criterion reflect on rent, interest and profits of a firm? Use economic
- Reflecting on the circular flow, how does income inequality affect the domestic or global economy? Use economics terms, concepts, and/or methods to explain