The FASB paragraph 810-10-45-16 states:"The noncontrolling interest shall be reported in the consolidated statement of financial poistion within equity. seprately from the parent's equity. That amount shall be clearly identified and labeled, for example, as noncontrolling interest in subsidiaries." However, prior to issuing this current reporting requirement, the FASB considered several alternatives display formats for the noncontrolling interest. Access the precodification standard, FASB 160, "Noncontrolling Interest in Consolidated Financial Statement" at www.fasb.org to answer the following:
1. what alternative financial statement display formats did the FASB consider for the noncontrolling interest?
2. What criteria did the FASB use to evaluate the desirability of each alternative?
3. In what specific ways did FASB Concept Statement 6 effect the FASB's evaluation of these alternatives?
Th word limit should be between 250-450.
We can only answer your free 3 questions one at a time. You have two options to get your questions answered:... View the full answer
Recently Asked Questions
- I need the following: M1D2: Self-Interest and Morality Module 1 There is a challenge inherent in the discussion of ethics that relates to balancing individual
- attached is what i need help with. details for weekly assistance is also attached highlighted in Red.
- Propose the use of one specific renewable resource to help reduce the reliance on fossil fuels. What are some challenges to implementing this resource?