1.Discuss how the budgeting process employed by Springfield Corporation contributes to its failure to achieve the president's sales and profit targets.
2. Suggest how Springfield Corporation's budgeting process could be revised to correct the problem.
3. Should the functional areas be expected to cut their costs when sales volume falls below budget? Explain your answer.
4. Springfield uses a top-down approach to the budget process. What would be a better approach to budgeting? How would we go about implementing this? For example, what should be first, second, or third steps?
5.Let's now assume the president agrees that there is a need to involve the affected departments. Which budget should be prepared first, and why? At what point in the budget planning process should production be involved?
6. What should the president's role be in the budgeting process?
7. Did the consultant provide any positive results for this company? What should the consultant have done?
8. How about a rolling budget? Would this type of budgeting process, perhaps, be relevant for Springfield? Why or why not?
Recently Asked Questions
- Hi i would like to have answers for these all... it would be a great if i get it fast Thank you !
- _______ managers serve as a liaison between supervisory-level and top-level managers.
- I need help formatting this assignment to; introduction, literature review, research question, hypotheses, theoretical framework and the references.