2011 2012 2013
Gains (losses) from sale of trading securities $ 15,000 $(20,000) $ 14,000
Unrealized holding losses on valuation
of trading securities (25,000) — (20,000)
Unrealized holding gain on valuation
of trading securities — 10,000 —
At January 1, 2014, Perez owned the following trading securities:
BKD Common (15,000 shares) $450,000
LRF Preferred (2,000 shares) 210,000
Drake Convertible bonds (100 bonds) 115,000
During 2014, the following events occurred:
1. Sold 5,000 shares of BKD for $170,000.
2. Acquired 1,000 shares of Horton Common for $40 per share. Brokerage commissions totaled $1,000.
At 12/31/14, the fair values for Perez's trading securities were:
BKD Common, $28 per share
LRF Preferred, $110 per share
Drake Bonds, $1,020 per bond
Horton Common, $45 per share
(a) Prepare a schedule which shows the balance in the Fair Value Adjustment (trading) account at December 31, 2013 (after the adjusting entry for 2013 is made).
(b) Prepare a schedule which shows the aggregate cost and fair values for Perez's trading securities portfolio at 12/31/14.
(c) Prepare the necessary adjusting entry based upon your analysis in (b) above.
Dear Student, I have reviewed your assignment thoroughly, based on your assignment details and current... View the full answer
Recently Asked Questions
- hi you just need to modify the paper and if you want to add something you can add but when i submit in turnitin, plagiarism should be 5%.paper please find
- Hi, I was wondering when writing complex ion names, why in this example: [Co(NH3)5Cl]Cl2 is pentaaminechloroCOBALT(iii)chloride but not
- 4% Bonus assignment. Students may choose to write a small 850-1000 word essay worth up to an additional 4% to their grade. The essay will be expository in