How many packages should Abigail’s produce in January? (3 points)
How many packages should Abigail’s produce in February? (3 points)
2. Rae’s Bakery makes apple pies. Rae’s Bakery plans to bake 2,000 pies in January and 2,500 pies in February. Each pie requires 2 pounds of baking apples. Baking apples cost $0.80 per pound. There will be 400 pounds of apples on hand on the first of January. The company wishes to have 500 pounds of baking apples on hand at the end of January and 300 pounds on hand at the end of February.
How many pounds of apples should Rae’s purchase in January? (2 point)
What is the cost in dollars for the required January purchase of apples? (2 point)
How many pounds of apples should Rae’s purchase in February? (2 point)
3. Ruby’s projected budgeted credit sales for the first three months of 2008 are as follows:
Ruby’s expects to collect 30% of the sales dollars in the month of the sale and 70% in the month following the sales.
How much cash does Ruby’s expect to collect in February? (2 point)
How much cash does Ruby’s expect to collect in March? (2 point)
4. Expected manufacturing costs for Robert’s Widgits are as follows:
Variable Costs Fixed Costs per month
Direct Materials $4.00/unit Supervisory salaries $100,000
Direct Labor $2.00/unit Factory overhead $350,000
Variable Overhead $1.50/unit
Estimate the manufacturing costs if Robert’s produces 100,000 widgits in January. (2 point)
Estimate the manufacturing costs if Robert’s produces 120,000 widgits in February. (2 point)
Recently Asked Questions
- Which of the following descriptions best describes an induced fit? a) The process by which an active site alters shape such that it is ready to accept a
- Could you please explain to me what is : inflation ?
- a ball is thrown directly downward with an initial speed of 8.70 m/s, from a height of 29.9 m. After what time interval does it strike the ground?