Total Variable Fixed
Cost of goods sold $1,200,000 $780,000 $420,000
Selling expenses 420,000 65,000 355,000
Administrative expenses 120,000 55,000 65,000
$1,740,000 $900,000 $840,000
Management is considering the following independent alternatives for 2006.
1. Increase unit selling price 20% with no change in costs and expenses.
2. Change the compensation of salespersons from fixed annual salaries totaling $200,000 to total salaries of $30,000 plus a 6%commission on net sales.
3. Purchase new high-tech factory machinery that will change the proportion between variable and fixed cost of goods sold to 50:50.
Compute the break-even point in dollars for 2006
Compute the break-even point in dollars under each of the alternative courses of action. Which course of action do you recommend?
Recently Asked Questions
- Questions 1) Explainandillustratewhathappenstothemarketequilibriumwhensupplyincreasesand demand is perfectly inelastic? When demand is perfectly elastic? 2)
- Does a bank really control where money goes in the economy any more than a baker controls who eats?
- Hello there. Please help me with these physics problems. I would appreciate some explanation about the answers. Thank you.