1. Assume that the City of Amber maintains its books and records in a manner that facilitates the preparation of the fund financial statements. Amber City maintains a general fund, a capital projects fund, and a special revenue fund. During the current fiscal year, the City engaged in the following transactions. Record all transactions. Be sure to clearly indicate the fund in which the entry is made.
a. The City sold bonds, face value $26 million, at par to finance the construction of a new City Hall.
b. The City purchased two new police cars at a total cost of $50,000.
c. The City collected $8,000 in taxes dedicated for the eradication of noxious weeds.
d. The City spent $6,000 on pesticides for noxious weeds.
e. The City acquired a new tractor for $75,000. The City paid $20,000 in cash and signed a note that is due in three years.
2. Assume that the County of Katerah maintains its books and records in a manner that facilitates preparation of the fund financial statements. The County formally integrates the budget into the accounting system and uses the encumbrance system. All appropriations lapse at year-end. At the beginning of the fiscal year, the County had the following balances in its accounts. All amounts are in thousands.
REQUIRED: Prepare the necessary entries for the current fiscal year.
Fund Balance-Unreserved 50
Reserve for Encumbrances 150
a. The County made the appropriate entry to restore the prior year purchase commitments.
b. The County Board approved a budget with revenues estimated to be $800 and expenditures of $750.
c. The County received the items that had been ordered in the prior year at an actual cost of $135.
d. The County ordered supplies at an estimated cost of $50 and equipment at an estimated cost of $70.
e. The County incurred salaries and other operating expenses during the year totaling $600. The County paid these items in cash.
f. The County received the equipment at an actual cost of $75.
g. The County earned and collected, in cash, revenues of $810.
Recently Asked Questions
- 11) Kevin’s Bacon Company Inc. has earnings of $8 million with 2,400,000 shares outstanding before a public distribution. Seven hundred thousand shares will
- "Manifest Destiny" is associated with what concept in American history?
- Hi, I need help with an some homework questions. They are for someone who is proficient in SPSS and has access to SPSS as it is needed to complete the