Jones Inc. had the following transactions during 2012:
1. Purchased 10,000 shares of XYZ Inc. for $4 each. The investment was accounted for as trading securities.
2. Purchased 5,000 shares of ABC Inc. for $7.50 each. The investment was accounted for as available-for-sale securities.
During 2012, XYZ paid $0.20 in dividends per share and ABC paid $.50 in dividends per share. As of December 31, 2012 the fair market value of XYZ Inc. was $4.25 per share and the fair market value of ABC Inc. was $6.75 per share.
1. What will be reported on the Income Statement?
2. What will be reported as the balance in the investment accounts?
3. What amount will be reported as other comprehensive income?
Recently Asked Questions
- As the HIM Director you were recently informed that a specific Physician's Office is upcoding to ensure they get higher reimbursement.Is this ok?How should the
- Read the case study, 'VIZIO, Inc', beginning on page 65 of the course text, Business Analysis and Valuation. Can I get a sample of abrief professional memo
- Given this minimal background of assessment, you are to give a brief (one or two sentence) scenario of a client who would come to your office for the first