(TCO A) Adam's Adorable Creations Company provided the following financial information for its installment sales for the current year.
Installment sales for current year $3,000,000
Cost of goods sold on installment basis $1,500,000
Repossessed merchandise: Estimated value $18,000
Repossessed merchandise: Unpaid balances $65,000
Payments by customers $2,000,000
a) Prepare journal entries for the end of the year based on the information above.
b) Prepare the entry to record the gross profit realized in the current year.
(TCO B) The Accent Corporation shows the following information.
On January 1, 2012, Accent purchased a donut machine for $900,000.
A) Pretax financial income is $2,000,000 in 2012 and $2,500,000 in 2013.
B) Taxable income is expected in future years with an expected tax rate of 40%.
C) The company recognized an extraordinary gain of $250,000 in 2013 (which is fully taxable).
D) Tax-exempt municipal bonds yielded interest of $50,000 in 2013.
E) Half-year convention for 8 years for financial reporting (See Appendix 11A.)
F) Straight-line basis depreciation for 5 years for tax purposes.
1) Compute taxable income and income taxes payable for 2013.
2) Prepare the journal entries for income tax expense, income taxes payable, and deferred taxes for 2013.
3) Prepare the deferred income taxes presentation for December 31, 2013 balance sheet.
(TCO D) Absolute Leasing, Inc. agrees to lease equipment to Allen, Inc. on January 1, 2012. They agree on the following terms:
1) The normal selling price of the equipment is $1,500,000 and the cost of the asset to Absolute Leasing, Inc. was $1,350,000.
2) At the end of the lease, the equipment will revert to Absolute Leasing, Inc. and have an unguaranteed residual value of $100,000. Their implicit interest rate is 10%.
3) The lease is noncancelable with no renewal option. The lease term is 10 years (the same as the estimated economic life).
4) Absolute Leasing, Inc. incurred costs of $9,000 in negotiating and closing the lease. There are no uncertainties regarding additional costs yet to be incurred and the collectability of the lease payments is reasonably predictable.
5) The lease begins on January 1, 2012 and payments will be in equal annual installments.
6) Allen will pay all maintenance, insurance, and tax costs directly and annual payments of $140,000 on January 1 of each year.
a) Determine what type of lease this would be for the lessee and calculate the initial obligation.
b) Prepare Allen, Inc.'s amortization schedule for the lease terms.
c) Prepare all the journal entries for Allen, Inc. for 2012. Assume a calendar year fiscal year.
Cash flows from operating activities (indirect and direct methods).
Presented below is the income statement of Angola, Inc.
Cost of goods sold $214,000
Gross profit $110,000
Operating expenses $67,000
Income before income taxes $43,000
Income taxes $17,200
Net income $25,800
In addition, the following information related to net changes in working capital is presented.
Accounts receivable $2,400
Salaries payable (operating expenses) $12,000
Accounts payable $15,000
Income taxes payable $1,400
Depreciation expense for the year was $14,700
Deferred tax liability account increased $1,800
Prepare a schedule computing the net cash flow from operating activities that would be shown on a statement of cash flows
-(a) using the indirect method.
-(b) using the direct method.
Amazon Building, Inc. won a bid for a new warehouse building contract.
Below is information from the project accountant.
Total Construction Fixed Price $12,000,000
Construction Start Date June 13, 2012
Construction Complete Date December 16, 2013
As of Dec. 31… 2012 2013
Actual cost incurred $3,500,000 $5,360,000
Estimated remaining costs $5,250,000 $-
Billed to customer $5,000,000 $7,000,000
Received from customer $4,500,000 $6,500,000
Assuming Amazon Building, Inc. uses the completed contract method, what amount of gross profit would be recognized in 2013? (Points : 5)
I need this in the next 3 hours
Recently Asked Questions
- Lgico o ilgico? Decide si cada oracin es lgica o ilgica . 1.La erosin es cuando se recicla la tierra. lgico ilgico 2.Si no quieres lavar los platos, puedes
- What similarities and differences do you note between the Magna Carta and the U.S. Constitution?
- How do you plan to continue to grow professionally as an administrator?