Please answer in 1-2 paragraphs for each questions and please show the numbers of the answers thank you
The minor theories of development disagree about the origins of gender roles. Two of the theories (psychoanalytic and epigenetic systems) emphasize the power of genetic and biological forces on development. The remaining three theories (learning, cognitive, and sociocultural) emphasize the pervasive influence of family and culture in children's learning of gender patterns.
In this exercise, you will evaluate evidence related to the following question: Is gender development the result of biological forces, or cultural learning? First decide whether the finding listed below more directly provides evidence in support of the biological argument or the cultural learning argument, and explain your reasoning. Then, develop a counterargument that supports the other side of the controversy.
13. There are more male than female engineers, physicists, and airplane pilots.
14. Girls tend to play in small groups, with 1 or 2 friends, while boys tend to play in larger, less intimate groups.
15. In their play, 5-year olds aspire to sex-linked occupations even if their parents' behavior tends to counter such stereotyping.
This question was asked on Jan 02, 2013.
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Homework1. Additional comments: "Can you help me with these questions?"
- Is social responsibility different from ethics ? Please provide a reference would like to read more about this topic
- Soccer Wholesale purchased land and a warehouse for $620,000. In addition to the purchase price, Soccer Wholesale makes the following expenditures related to