Please answer in 1-2 paragraphs for each questions and please show the numbers of the answers thank you
The minor theories of development disagree about the origins of gender roles. Two of the theories (psychoanalytic and epigenetic systems) emphasize the power of genetic and biological forces on development. The remaining three theories (learning, cognitive, and sociocultural) emphasize the pervasive influence of family and culture in children's learning of gender patterns.
In this exercise, you will evaluate evidence related to the following question: Is gender development the result of biological forces, or cultural learning? First decide whether the finding listed below more directly provides evidence in support of the biological argument or the cultural learning argument, and explain your reasoning. Then, develop a counterargument that supports the other side of the controversy.
13. There are more male than female engineers, physicists, and airplane pilots.
14. Girls tend to play in small groups, with 1 or 2 friends, while boys tend to play in larger, less intimate groups.
15. In their play, 5-year olds aspire to sex-linked occupations even if their parents' behavior tends to counter such stereotyping.
Recently Asked Questions
- On June 5, 2016, Javier Sanchez purchased and placed in service a new 7-year class asset costing $550,000 for use in his landscaping business, which he
- Rational combination of anticancer drugs is used to: a) Provide synergism resulting from the use of anticancer drugs with different mechanisms combination b)
- The Great Chain of Being, an explanation for the order of life, originated from Christian beliefs.t/F