Review the following sections on the AICPA Website:
· GENERAL STANDARDS (Research>Standards>Click on SAS Link (SAS #1)
o Professional Judgment
o Quality Control & Assurance
· CODE OF PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT (Research>Standards>Code of Conduct)
As a CPA you are in charge of a small tax advisory firm providing services to individual taxpayers, a substantial group of whom is high-wealth. Your firm is experiencing new pressures from the changing marketplace. New, non-CPA market competitors and competition from do-it-yourself tax-preparation software packages have had a negative effect on your bottom line. Because of these pressures, you are looking at ways to reduce costs. To expand your business and continue successfully you must consider employing non-CPAs.
· Write a paper explaining economic issues that bring concern to pricing your services and products. What ethical challenges will you face in hiring non-CPAs? What standards apply?
· Paper should be a minimum of 700 words in length.
· You should utilize the general and audit and attest standards referred to above in your paper. However, you should not stop there. Feel free to research applicable tax standards, state regulations governing tax preparers, IRS alerts and rules, etc. to complete this paper.
· You should have at least one additional reference (website, article, etc.) in addition to the AICPA website resource provided above.
· Format the paper according to APA standards.
Discuss the economic issues that the tax advisory firm is facing in terms of pricing services and products. Who is the competition? What concerns are clients expressing to the firm?
Discuss the ethical challenges faced in hiring non-CPAs for tax preparation and/or advisement. What concerns arise from the professional standards and the Code of Professional Conduct? What other ethical considerations must be considered from a general business standpoint. Be sure to cite the standards considered in this discussion.
The paper must be at least 700 words in length.
The paper refers to at least one source in addition to the AICPA website provided.
Organization and Development
· Paper provides sufficient background on the topic and previews major points.
· Paragraph transitions are present and logical, maintaining a logical flow of ideas throughout the paper.
· Sentences are complete, clear and concise.
· Sentences are well-constructed, with strong and varied sentence types.
· Sentence transitions are present and logical, maintaining the flow of thought.
· The paper includes a title page and reference page along with the body of the paper.
· All sections of the paper follow APA guidelines (title page, reference page, tables, body of paper, etc.)
· Citations of original works within the body of the paper follow APA guidelines.
· The paper is laid out with effective use of headings, font styles and white space. Use 1 inch margins for the paper.
· Rules of grammar, usage and punctuation are consistently followed. Errors will result in point reductions.
· The paper is free of spelling errors. Points will be deducted if misspellings are found.
Total Points Possible
Recently Asked Questions
- Compute the price of a $5,000 par value bond with a coupon rate of 7.5% (semi-annual payments) and 20 years remaining to maturity. Assume that the current
- TITLE: APRIL FOOL'S DAY INTRODUCTION The hoax explains how Medias are willing to believe in rumors. In 1983 a report Fred Bayles interviewed Boskin about how
- Assume that you have the following information on project A: (i) it will yield cash flows of $900 per year forever; (ii) the IRR is 16%; (iii) the required