Patricia Duong, having recently obtained her MBA, has been hired by one of the last of the large investment banking firms. As part of her responsibilities, she is required to make recommendations on investing in securities of foreign companies.
During her lunch hour, Patricia runs into a colleague and complains about the difficulties she encounters with the lack of comparability in the financial statements of firms from different countries. She is puzzled by the inability of national accounting standardsetting bodies to agree on and implement a uniform accounting regime globally since, in her view, this would represent a win-win situation for all concerned.
1. Pretend you are the individual that Patricia is talking to. Explain why only one uniform accounting and reporting standard may not necessarily represent a winwin situation for all concerned.
2. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having diverse accounting standards that are the product of each country's national environment.
3. Discuss the issues raised when a country or region adopts some, but not all of the International Financial Reporting Standards.
4. In your opinion, should convergence be pursued?
Recently Asked Questions
- Find a hot topic and using your critical thinking skills write a brief report on why you agree, disagree it is a hot topic and a topic worth pursuing as an
- In nursing, the relationship between theory development and Practice is known as?
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Leon_Angel_P2.