Martinez Company has decided to introduce a new product. The new product can be manufactured by either a capital-intensive method or a labor-intensive method. The manufacturing method will not affect the quality of the product. The estimated manufacturing costs by the two methods are as follows.
Direct materials $5 per unit $5.50 per unit
Direct labor $6 per unit $8.00 per unit
Variable overhead $3 per unit $4.50 per unit
Fixed manufacturing costs $2,508,000 $1,538,000
Martinez's market research department has recommended an introductory unit sales price of $30. The incremental selling expenses are estimated to be $502,000 annually plus $2 for each unit sold, regardless of manufacturing method.
With the class divided into groups, answer the following.
(a) Calculate the estimated break-even point in annual unit sales of the new product if Martinez Company uses the:
1. Capital-intensive manufacturing method.
2. Labor-intensive manufacturing method.
(b) Determine the annual unit sales volume at which Martinez Company would be indifferent between the two manufacturing methods.
(c) Explain the circumstance under which Martinez should employ each of the two manufacturing methods.
Additional: Please show graph in excel with calculations
Recently Asked Questions
- Topic 1, please draw excerpts from Confucian, Daoist, or Buddhist scriptures. Use resources to find a definition of the excerpts. And give your interpretation
- Reading selection of Swift’s A Modest Proposal. It is essential to recognize the genre of this work, as discussed in our class text, which you should consult
- Hi please provide answer. Price not negotiable. Please label the parts.