View the step-by-step solution to:

Heston Preskell, Inc., a commercial contractor, signed a contract during Year 1 for $808,000 to build an office building for the YMCA.

Heston Preskell, Inc., a commercial contractor, signed a contract during Year 1 for $808,000 to build an office building for the YMCA. Heston Preskell completed 30% of the work during Year 1 and the remaining 70% during Year 2. The cost of acquired production materials during Year 1 by Heston Preskell was $195,000 and an additional $330,000 during Year 2. Heston Preskell billed the YMCA $225,000 in Year 1 and the final $580,000 in Year 2. The YMCA paid $210,000 in Year 1, $440,000 in Year 2, and the balance in Year 3. Heston Preskell uses the percentage of completion method of revenue recognition.

1) Calculate the Account Receivable amount for the year ending December 31, Year 1

2) Calculate the Production in Progress amount for the year ending December 31, Year 1

3) Calculate the Revenue recognized amount for the year ending December 31, Year 1

4) Calculate the Gross Profit amount for the year ending December 31, Year 1

Top Answer

Year 1 Year 2 Total Completion percentage 30% 70% 100% Cost 195000 330000 525000 Billed Amount 225000 580000 805000 Amount... View the full answer

Sign up to view the full answer

Why Join Course Hero?

Course Hero has all the homework and study help you need to succeed! We’ve got course-specific notes, study guides, and practice tests along with expert tutors.

-

Educational Resources
  • -

    Study Documents

    Find the best study resources around, tagged to your specific courses. Share your own to gain free Course Hero access.

    Browse Documents
  • -

    Question & Answers

    Get one-on-one homework help from our expert tutors—available online 24/7. Ask your own questions or browse existing Q&A threads. Satisfaction guaranteed!

    Ask a Question
Ask a homework question - tutors are online