Heston Preskell, Inc., a commercial contractor, signed a contract during Year 1 for $808,000 to build an office building for the YMCA. Heston Preskell completed 30% of the work during Year 1 and the remaining 70% during Year 2. The cost of acquired production materials during Year 1 by Heston Preskell was $195,000 and an additional $330,000 during Year 2. Heston Preskell billed the YMCA $225,000 in Year 1 and the final $580,000 in Year 2. The YMCA paid $210,000 in Year 1, $440,000 in Year 2, and the balance in Year 3. Heston Preskell uses the percentage of completion method of revenue recognition.
1) Calculate the Account Receivable amount for the year ending December 31, Year 1
2) Calculate the Production in Progress amount for the year ending December 31, Year 1
3) Calculate the Revenue recognized amount for the year ending December 31, Year 1
4) Calculate the Gross Profit amount for the year ending December 31, Year 1
Year 1 Year 2 Total Completion percentage 30% 70% 100% Cost 195000 330000 525000 Billed Amount 225000 580000 805000 Amount... View the full answer
This question was asked on Jul 19, 2016 and answered on Jul 19, 2016.
Recently Asked Questions
- is an organic chemistry question and is attached. thank you very much.
- 1. In the novel, Thomas Stone asks, "What treatment in an emergency is administered by ear?" The correct answer is "Words of comfort." How does this moment
- In own words Discuss how mobile technology is changing the practice of business communication