(All based on the Australian taxation law)
1. Ian holds 100 shares in Big Bank Pty Ltd. The company paid a fully franked dividend of $4 per share on 1 June. What amount must Ian include in his assessable income for the year?
2. Which of the following statements is false?
(A) Dividends are an expense of the company.
(B) Not all shareholders are automatically entitled to franking credits attached to a franked distribution of profit.
(C) A dividend includes any amount credited by a company to its shareholders as shareholders.
(D) Dividends are defined in s 6(1) of ITAA 1936
3. Jill loves painting and is very good at it. She sometimes sells her paintings to friends and family members. She has met with an accountant who has determined that Jill’s activities are not sufficient to constitute a business for income tax purposes.
Jill can choose to register for GST.
Recently Asked Questions
- AAA Heating and Air Conditioning completed 30 jobs last month with a mean revenue of $5,430 per job. The president wants to know the total revenue for the
- Laura has been working for Mr. Como all of your life. She feels bad. Turns out Mr. Como has been making comments about your her, and sending her flowers and
- The Law of Employment The Problem PS is a mature-aged full-time student who is looking for flexible work to support him while he studies. He responds to an