Graph the equation
Have you ever thought about becoming a teacher? There will be plenty of openings in the future. Especially for mathematics and science teachers. The equation
y = 1,150x + 32,850
Approximates the average beginning teacher salary y. Where x is the number of years after 1990.Graph the equation.
· What information about beginning teacher salaries is given by the slope of the line?
· By the y-intercept?
· What is the predicted average beginning teacher salary in 2020?"
· Is past information about "average salary" reliable when trying to predict your future salary? Why or why not?
· Do some careers seem to have more stable, easier-to-predict salaries? Explain.
· Will the predictability or "average" of a salary in a specific field influence your choice of career? Why or why not?