Go to http://threeacts.mrmeyer.com/playingcatchup/ to watch the video of Rich Eisen and Julio Jones running the 40-yard dash. Use the formula D=rt where D is distance, r is rate, and t is time.
- Solve D=rt for rate. (1 pt)
- Use the statistics given in Act Two and your equation from #1.
- At what speed (rate) does Rich run the 40-yard dash?
- At what speed (rate) does Julio run the 40-yard dash?
- Solve D=rt for time. How long does it take Rich to run with a 10-yard lead?
How long does it take Julio to run the 40-yard dash at half-speed? Who will win?
3. If both runners are at full speed, how many yards of a head start will Rich need to win?
4. Write and solve your own question using this scenario.
Recently Asked Questions
- 4. During slavery, lighter-skinned blacks were given certain privileges over darker-skinned blacks. When slavery was outlawed, what happened? A. New laws
- This clip shows that over time, whites, blacks, and other groups compete to define racial classifications in various ways. The way that each group defines and
- During the period of industrialization within the United States, unions composed of white workers would often collectivize and strike against employers.