Go to http://threeacts.mrmeyer.com/playingcatchup/ to watch the video of Rich Eisen and Julio Jones running the 40-yard dash. Use the formula D=rt where D is distance, r is rate, and t is time.
- Solve D=rt for rate. (1 pt)
- Use the statistics given in Act Two and your equation from #1.
- At what speed (rate) does Rich run the 40-yard dash?
- At what speed (rate) does Julio run the 40-yard dash?
- Solve D=rt for time. How long does it take Rich to run with a 10-yard lead?
How long does it take Julio to run the 40-yard dash at half-speed? Who will win?
3. If both runners are at full speed, how many yards of a head start will Rich need to win?
4. Write and solve your own question using this scenario.
Recently Asked Questions
- Robert Eberle owns and manages Robert’s Restaurant, a 24-hour restaurant near the city’s medical complex. Robert employs 9 full-time employees and 16
- What impact did nationalism, imperialism, and internationalism have on the course of the 20th century?
- what are the answers to b. and c. ? the two answers provided are conflicting. I assume the correct answer for b. is 25 brooms and the correct answer for c. is