Go to http://threeacts.mrmeyer.com/playingcatchup/ to watch the video of Rich Eisen and Julio Jones running the 40-yard dash. Use the formula D=rt where D is distance, r is rate, and t is time.
- Solve D=rt for rate. (1 pt)
- Use the statistics given in Act Two and your equation from #1.
- At what speed (rate) does Rich run the 40-yard dash?
- At what speed (rate) does Julio run the 40-yard dash?
- Solve D=rt for time. How long does it take Rich to run with a 10-yard lead?
How long does it take Julio to run the 40-yard dash at half-speed? Who will win?
3. If both runners are at full speed, how many yards of a head start will Rich need to win?
4. Write and solve your own question using this scenario.
Recently Asked Questions
- Hello, attached is a Project Management case study. At the end of the study there are 2 questions. Would you be able to provide answers to the 2 questions?
- Based on the description of the health, eating, and drinking habits of Americans, should the government had played a more active role in regulating the
- How do i check this answer ? ï»¿ w=5.6 ï»¿ Explanation: Given: ï»¿ -2.4w-8.24=8-5.3w ï»¿ Now, after removing the decimals, this expression can be