Need help with some algebra problems. Please show all work. Thx in advance.
1. In a triangle the measure of the second angle is less than the first. The measure of the third angle is less than twice the second. Find the measure of the three angles.
2. Martha is running in her first marathon. She can run at a rate of 528 ft per min. Ten minutes later her mom starts the same course, running at a rate of 880 ft per min. How long before Mom catches up to Martha?
3. The weight of an object above the surface of Earth varies inversely with the square of the distance from the center of Earth. Maria weighs 120 pounds when she is on the surface of Earth (3960 miles from the center). Determine Maria's weight if she is at the top of Mount McKinley (3.8 miles from the surface of Earth).
1) x=30, y=60, z=90 2) Mom need 15 mins catches... View the full answer
- This was very helpful with understanding the concepts! Thank you so much! Question 1 was inputted wrong. However i tried it and my answers were: 65,60, and 55 degrees. Correct question reads as: In a triangle the measure of the second angle is 5 degrees less than the first. The measure of the third angle is 5 degrees less than twice the second. Find the measure of the three angles. Am I correct? Thanks again! Learning slowly but surely!
- Nov 02, 2018 at 9:44am