Explain how to get to each answer for following
1) What are the least, and most, amount of distinct zeroes of a 7th degree polynomial, given that at least one root is a complex number?
answer: The least is 3 roots (6 complex, one real). On the other hand, all roots could be distinct, so at most 7 distinct roots.
(2 complex roots and 5 real roots, 4 complex roots and 3 real roots or 6 complex roots and 1 real root)
2) What are the zeroes of f(x) = x^3 + 5x^2 -7x + 1?
answer: x=1, -3 +-√10
3) X^8-1 is divided by x-2, the remainder would be?
Recently Asked Questions
- In September 2014, Thomas Eric Duncan visited the United States from Liberia and was later diagnosed with the Ebola virus. Two nurses who took care of him also
- Aaron, the CEO of a multinational company, has decided to implement certain new corporate processes for increased efficiency and productivity. He wishes to
- Tendai and Anna, who are married with modified AGI of $90,000, are sending their daughter to her first year of college. Their total tuition and related