1) For the following, find the discriminant, b^2 - 4ac
2) give the domain and range of the quadratic function whose graph is described . The vertex is (-6,-1) and the parabola opens up. The domain of f is ? And what is the range of the function ?
3) use the square root method to solve the quadratic equation 25x^2 - 49 = 0
4) the percent of a certain country's population that is foreign born is given by y=0.003x^2 - 0.450x + 16.600 where x is the number of years after 1900. During what years does this model indicate that the percent is at most 16.6? The model indicated the percent is at most 16.6 during the years ____ through _____ ?
5) after declining between 1940 and 1980, the number of multigenerational households has been increasing since 1980. The function h(x)=0.012x^2 - 0.573x + 35.721 can be used to estimate the number of multigenerational households in country A, in millions, x years after 1940. In what year were there 50 million multigenerational households?
6) find the exact solutions to f(x) = 0 in the complex numbers and confirm that the solutions are not real by showing that the graph of y= f(x) does not cross the x-axis. X^2 +8x +97=0
7) determine if the function is quadratic. If so does the graph concave up or down. Is the vertex of the graph maximum or minimum point.
Y= -2x^2 -6x + 4
solution: The... View the full answer