*Show All Work*
A camera marked at $390 is sold for $328. Find the percent discount, correct to the nearest tenth of a percent.
1. Combine like terms using the distributive property to factor out the common variable part, and then simplify.
2. The width and length of a rectangle are consecutive odd integers. If the perimeter of the rectangle is 200 inches, find the width and length of the rectangle.
3. Evaluate the expression if x = 5.
4. Translate the phrase into a mathematical expression involving the given variable:
a) "11 times the sum of the number n and 10"
b) "the speed of u decreased by 25"
5. The formula d = 16t2 gives the distance (in feet) that an object falls from rest in terms of the time, t, that has elapsed since its release. Find the distance, d, in feet that an object falls in
t =18 seconds.
6. The width of a rectangle is 9 feet shorter than its length. Find the perimeter of the rectangle in terms of its length alone.
7. Multiply the fractions, and simplify your result.
8. Multiply the numbers and express your answer as a mixed fraction.
9. Solve the equation and simplify your answer.
10. The area of a triangle is 44 square inches. If the length of the base is 512 inches, find the height (altitude) of the triangle.