Gerry woke up with such epigastric pain that his wife had to rush him to the nearby hospital where he was admitted. In Gerry 's charts the following 6 SYMPTOMS was recorded
1. Pain in epigastric region
2. Gerry 's stools : darker color compared to the usual brown color.
3. Gerry looks vary pale and seems to have no energy
4. Gerry is a smoker: 2 packs of cigarettes a day
5. Gerry has been drinking over 3 beers and other alcoholic beverages , a day for long time
6. Gerry to alleviate the recurring pain has been treating himself with a variety of NSAIDS
Based on the 6 symptoms listed,
A.What do you think the diagnosis is ? RELATE to each symptoms - meaning what does EACH symptom indicate and why
B. What specific test MUST be done to confirm the DIAGNOSIS?
C. Why was he admitted? to avoid what ? or what is the real danger of this problem?