Bill: HR = 75 beats/minute Jose HR = 90
SV = 60 ml/beat SV = 95 ml/beat
a. Which of these two individuals has the greater venous return (amount of blood
returning to the right atrium)? Explain. (2 pts)
b. Which of these two individuals has the longer ventricular filling? Explain. (2 pts)
4. Review factors affecting heart rate (HR), stroke volume (SV) or cardiac output (CO) by
filling in the blanks with either I (increase) or D (decrease). Assume that all factors other
than the one being considered are held constant. (2 pts each)
- Moderate increases in preload will ____ SV.
- A decrease in SV (heart rate remaining constant) will ____ CO.
- Positively iontropic medications such as digoxin will ____SV and CO.
- Hypothyroidism will ____HR.
- Decrease in vagal nerve impulses will ____HR.
a Jose has more venous return than bill because stroke volume is directly proportional to venous... View the full answer