HSC260 Introduction to Human Genetics
1. What is the correct order of gene
A. Transcription and then translation
B. Translation and then transcription
C. Transcription and then replication
D. Translation and then excision
2. The process of ________________ builds a new strand of DNA.
3. The RNA polymerase hooks on to and reads the _______________ strand of DNA while building the mRNA transcript.
4. The genetic code is meaningful when read from the ___________ end.
5. and 6. The new DNA or RNA strand is built FROM the _________ end to the __________ end.
7. Where in the cell does translation take place?
8. How many nucleotides represent / code for one amino acid?
9. In replication, the interrupted synthesis which takes place on the lagging strand results in ___________________ which are then ligated together.
10. List one difference between DNA and RNA.
PLEASE SHOW AND EXPLAIN WORK :))))