1. True/False// The idea of "language gap" correctly claims that economically challenged families produce linguistically impoverished environments for children.
2. Multiple choice// Research of linguistic anthropologist, Olga Solomon, shows that communicative style in therapy sessions for children with autism work better when (pick one):
a. The therapist speaks in a less emotional way
b. The therapist speaks in the way that shows deep emotional engagement with the child
c. The therapist talks in a way that moves freely from one topic to another to engage the child
d. The therapist shows engagement with the child by maintaining a steady eye contact
3- Multiple choice: Applied linguistic anthropological research shows that the use of computer by the practitioner while
meeting with the patient (select one):
a. May contribute to power imbalance involved in these meeting by being controlled by the health provider.
b. Allows the patient to participate in the decision-making about what goes on their medical record.
c. Allows the patient monitor their medical records and check them for accuracy.
d. Promotes a sense of partnership between the patient and health provider.
As long as the translator is highly fluent in the languages spoken by the patient and by the provider, their
communicative styles do not affect clinical outcomes.
When an Indigenous language, such as Kaska, is associated with the elders, this language
ideology may deter younger generation from learning and using the language by linking
respect for elders with being quiet and passive.
Recently Asked Questions
- The first reaction in the stepwise formation in the tris-acac iron complex is shown below: 1)[Fe(H2O)6]3++acac[Fe(H2O)4(acac)]2++2H2O What species (complexes
- The water ligand is "monodentate" (one ligand has one donor atom) whilst the acac-ligand is "bidentate" (one ligand has two donor atoms). a) how many sites
- How does services blueprinting help service organizations define the required processes for success and competitive advantage?