4. Define SPECIES. How do we know if a group of animals qualify as a separate, sub, or
semi-species? Thinking about evolution, where do new species come from? What
conditions are needed for a new species to emerge?
5. Discuss at least three things that Darwin needed to know before he could come up with his
theory of natural selection. How did he learn these three things? Explain how at least 3 other
scientists and researchers contributed to the body of knowledge that informed Darwin's theory?
6. Explain how our current understanding of Meiosis helps to support Mendel's ideas about
particulate inheritance. Think about segregation and independent assortment in your answer.
7. What is taphonomy? Explain what conditions are needed for fossils to form and how
researchers look for and find fossils in various environments around the world.
Recently Asked Questions
- Who is the direct ancestor of Homo erectus ? Provide specific evidence to support your response.
- Are there any systems in place that perpetuate the inequality ( laws, education, etc,).
- How do some individuals in the United States use economic class, physical differences like skin color, and ethnicity to exclude groups of people from equal